Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Day 80

Dear Daddy,
Today was a very rough day. I started the morning waking Mommy up right before 2am because I had a fever and was throwing up. Mommy was worried and crying but she changed me, washed my face, took my temperature and gave me Motrin. I went back to sleep right after that but she says that she couldn't sleep until right before her alarm went off so she could go to work.
When I woke up I did eat and felt ok but as soon as the medication wore off, I started getting warm again. Grandma gave me Motrin and then she called Dr. Madanant's office for an appointment. After Mommy got off at 11, we went straight to Dr. Madanant's and they checked me out. I weigh 27 lbs 14 oz and he said all I had was a simple cold. He told Mommy to give me Motrin for the fever and Dimetap for my runny nose and to check back in a few days if symptoms get worse. He wasn't concerned with my throwing up because I only threw up once and ate just fine. 
We went home and I took a nap with Mommy because she had to be back at work at 6:30. When Mommy woke up she felt horrible. She had a fever, the chills and a horrible aching body. She had to suck it up and go to work anyway though. I missed her a whole lot, I kept saying "Mama" and standing by the window or pointing at her picture. I wanted to snuggle up. Grandma fed me dinner and then gave me a bath, and we waited for Mommy to get home. Her meeting ended close to nine so she didn't get home until around 9:15. She put me right to bed and then I fell asleep. Only to wake up twenty minutes later crying bloody murder. She came in and patted me down and I fell right asleep. Then I woke up crying again and she just gave up and brought her to bed with me. I hope we get better soon. Being sick is horrible!
Love,
Gabriel

No comments:

Post a Comment